- Arranges cuts of meat and places them in an attractive manner in the display case
- Weighs, labels and price variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers in an efficient manner that keeps customers satisfied.
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook.
- Prepares meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming to make it easier for customers.
- Maintains and cleans the meat preparation counter to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a butcher
- SSCE or equivalent
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety and handling.